Drugstore Makeup Kit for Beginners

Hello Gorgeous! 
So at one point or another we all started out with hardly any makeup. Unfortunately, we aren't born with an amazing makeup collection. We had to work our way to that collection. I don't know about you, but I definitely had a hard time deciding what makeup I should buy when I first got started wearing makeup. We didn't have the Internet to pull up on our cell phones to read reviews about products. (okay, maybe I am showing my age a little there..eek) I definitely came across a lot of hit and misses..mainly misses. So I thought I would come up with a "Just Getting Started" Makeup Collection for someone that doesn't have a lot of makeup and needs direction on what items to get. It could also help anyone that already has a good collection, but wants some more great drugstore recommendations. So I went through all of the makeup I have and tried to pick one item that I absolutely love for every category: foundation, concealer, blush, bronzer, mascara, and lips.


I absolutely love this foundation.  It is the best drugstore foundation that I have found that works for my oily, sensitive skin. It does an amazing job at hiding my perfections, but does not give me that "cake face" look. I highly recommend this to someone that is just getting started in wearing foundation. The only negative thing about this foundation is that there isn't a great color selection. 
Price: $3.99

 Okay, this is the mother of all concealers. It is my holy grail concealer. It is amazing at concealing dark circles, redness, and acne. I am obsessed with this concealer. I think every girl needs this in their makeup collection. I am actually going to do a more in depth review on it on my blog,
so keep an eye out for that. :)
Price: $8.99

If you watch beauty gurus on Youtube then you have definitely heard about this blush. That is because it is absolutely gorgeous. It is so pigmented and looks great on pretty much every skin tone. It has been compared to other blushes from MAC and NARS. 
Price: $8.49

4. Mascara: L'Oreal Telescopic (original in the gold tube)
This mascara will make your eyelashes reach the ceiling..well not quite, but it definitely gives you some amazing length and volume. This is definitely my favorite drugstore mascara. 
Price: $9.48

  This bronzer started my obsession with bronzers. It is the perfect color if you want to just warm up your face a little bit or if you want to try out contouring. It is very pigmented and has amazing lasting power. 
Price: $3.99

This is definitely a must for every makeup collection. There are so many gorgeous colors that you will definitely need several..if not all! The lip creams are very soft and go on so smooth and are so pigmented. You can wear them by themselves or mix them together to create a gorgeous shade. Or you can put some lip gloss over them for a shinier look if the matte look isn't your favorite. Either way you won't be disappointed with them. Just make sure your lips are hydrated and not chapped when wearing the lip creams.  
Price: $6.00 (each)


Total price for everything: $40.94 (of course prices may vary in some locations)
Not a bad price at all for all of those great products, especially for someone just getting started in their makeup collection. I didn't list any eye shadows because I figured I would do a separate post for that and also a few must have items for higher-end makeup.

What are some products you would recommend for someone just getting started into makeup?



Don't forget to enter my giveaway!!
Only a couple more days left! 





Other ways to follow Southern Glamourista: //Twitter//Blog Lovin'//Instagram// post signature

3 comments

  1. What a great idea for a blog post! I second the NYX Soft Matte Lip Creams as a great lipstick to start your drugstore makeup kit with.

    Thanks for linking up to the Monday Makeup Madness #14 link up party:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amanda! Big waves from Sydney, Australia! Lovely post, its always great to have a kit to start out with- I so wish these brands were available in Australia, especially Wet n Wild, I adore their lippies!! Oh and the gorgeous Milani blushes!! Have a lovely week :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. NYX Matte Creams are so lovely! I love the range of colours, too. Another Aussie here, checking out your blog (I found you through Monday Makeup Madness linky party) :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to email me at southernglamourista@gmail.com

Make sure to leave a link to your blog, I would love to come visit!! :)