Review: St Ives Timeless Skin Collagen Elastin Moisturizer




 



 
 
I have been using St Ives Timeless Skin Collagen Elastin Moisturizer (whew! what a name!) for a little over a month now. I found out about it from Doctor Oz a couple of months ago. He highly recommended it and if Dr. Oz says it's good..then it has to be good right?! So I had to get it and try to see if my Dr. Oz (I might have a tiny crush on him) was right.
 
 
 
Product Claims:
This moisturizer, with collagen elastin proteins, hydrates for visibly softer, smoother skin.
 
 
My thoughts:
I have really enjoyed this moisturizer. My skin feels very hydrated and soft since I started using this. It has a very soft scent, but it's not overpowering. It is very lightweight and absorbs quickly into your skin. I have very sensitive skin and this lotion has not caused any breakouts. The tub it comes in is huge, so it will definitely last a while! Even though I am in my twenties and don't have wrinkles yet (besides my laugh lines and the crinkles around my eyes) it's always good to start thinking about the future and trying to prevent wrinkles from even starting. I actually read somewhere, can't remember where, but that it's best to start using wrinkle cream in your early twenties to stop wrinkles from even starting.
Besides being 100% natural, the best part about this lotion is the price. I got mine at Walgreens for $5.29!! What other moisturizer is this good and has a price that low?!! I can't think of any, can you?
 
 
To sum it all up:
 
Pros
100% Natural
Non-Comedogenic
Dermatologist-Tested
Lightweight
Very Hydrating
Cheap
 
Cons
No SPF
 
 
 
Have you tried using any product from
the St. Ives line?
 
 
 
 
 
 


8 comments

  1. So question, I know you have sensitive skin, and you said it's lightweight, would you recommend this to someone with dry skin like me? Or do you think it's not "heavy" enough?
    L

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have super dry skin and I've been using it and LOVE it. Works great.

      Delete
  2. I am going to have to try this! I agree the best way to treat wrinkles is to work on them before they show. I'm in the market for a good night cream.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you have convinced me! prevention is better that the cure they say :) thanks for sharing im going to have to pick this up!
    http://allthingsbeautybytiarni.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's been awhile, but yes, I've used some St. Ives. My cousin used to use a body scrub they had for years... I dont' know if she sitll does or not now, but I remembered it when I saw this post. :)

    Helen
    Blue Eyed Beauty Blog

    P.S. I wanted to let you know that I am giving your blog a shout out later today (Oct 31) on my Wednesday Weekly Review #14!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I started using St Ives facial moisturizer and I love it! I apply after cleansing my face and neck every morning and night. I have oily skin, naturally, I was worried about using any type of moisturizer. This one not only gives my skin a soft feel but the glow on my skin is awesome. It doesn't clog my pores or leaves a greasy after look. I love this cream and have already purchased other St Ives products.
    The St Ives line of products is very inexpensive for the quality I have received.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I purchased this product on a whim one day a month ago and I love it. I have oily skin, naturally, I am wary of using moisturizing creams. I am in my early 30's and wanted to start a serious skin regimen. The St Ives cream I applied every morning/night after cleaning my face and neck. It was smooth, quickly absorbed, and left my skin feeling as soft as it glowed. Thusly, it doesn't clog my pores.
    The product is very inexpensive for the quality I received. I have been shopping and I pick up other products from the St Ives line.
    This is my keeper.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am trying to reduce my plastic consumption/trash as much as possible and when I ran out of commercial moisturizers, I started using coconut and olive oil as moisturizers as I can purchase them in glass containers. As with many plastic-free alternatives, I find the more natural plastic-free ones are the best! They are less expensive, come packaged without plastic, and are better products! I think I prefer olive oil over coconut oil but both are good. Thank you for this blog! natural skin moisturizer

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to email me at southernglamourista@gmail.com

Make sure to leave a link to your blog, I would love to come visit!! :)