Review: Elf's Makeup Mist & Set

Hello Gorgeous :)
It is HUMP day..what?! did I actually just say that?!! We are mid-way through the week and one day closer to the weekend. Wednesday is sounding even better by the minute. So I am in love with Pinterest..okay, maybe love isn't even the word to describe my obsession with Pinterest. I can't help it that website just makes life so much easier. I mean you have everything you have been searching for and lusting over right there on one website at your fingertips. Man, I wish I would have invented that website! But I came across a list of dupes for different MAC products. And if you know me, you know I love a good dupe. So I marched my sassy self right over to Target and purchased a few of the dupes on that list. The first product I got was the Makeup Mist & Set from E.L.F. (eyes, lips, face) It is supposed to be a dupe for MAC's Fix +. I have never tried FIX + so I won't be able to tell you if Elf's Mist is actually a dupe, but I will let you know if it is worth your money.



Wish you could have a product for your makeup like Hairspray is for your hair? Well…keep your makeup staying in place all day with a radiance boosting invisible hold with our new Makeup Mist & Set. The invigorating mist moisturizes and soothes the skin with key ingredients Aloe, Green Tea, Cucumber and Vitamins A, C & E. The lightweight, comfortable and alcohol free formula improves makeup wearability and prevents color from running or fading.
source: E.L.F. 




The makeup mist and spray comes in a clear black plastic spray bottle. It is 2.02 fl oz/60 ml in size. The mist is also clear, but does have an odd smell to it. I can't quite figure out what exactly it smells like, but the scent does go away after a minutes after application. I love the fact that it has Aloe, Green Tea, Cucumber, and Vitamins A, C, & E in it. The mist does feel very refreshing on your face. When I first sprayed the mist on my face it made my face very wet and I was a little nervous about it ruining my makeup and making me look like a wet puppy, but it dried within a few seconds. I wish that I could say that the mist & set made my makeup last way more than my makeup usually does, but I would be telling a lie if I said that. It just didn't wow me as far as keeping my makeup exactly the way it was when I applied it.  However, I did notice that I didn't get as oily as quick as I usually do..especially in my T-zone areas. I do have very oily skin, so maybe that's why it wasn't like hairspray for my makeup. Maybe someone with dry skin or even dry to combination skin would have better luck with this product. I think for the price (it is only $3) of this product it is still something nice to have in your makeup bag. It is just so refreshing and would be very nice on a very hot day to spray on your face.







Have you tried the Makeup Mist & Set?
Did you have better luck than I did?





Have you entered my giveaway yet?
Click HERE to enter! :)




Other ways to follow Southern Glamourista: //Twitter//Blog Lovin'//Instagram// post signature

No comments

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to email me at southernglamourista@gmail.com

Make sure to leave a link to your blog, I would love to come visit!! :)