Review: Joico K-Pak Reconstruct Split End Mender

Hello gorgeous! 
So I have been doing everything lately to really take care of my hair. I have very long, fairly thick hair and the last thing I want is for my hair to look like I don't take care of it. I have cut down the amount of days I wash my hair and not applying as much heat to it. My hair has really started to reap the benefits from doing this, but it still needs some TLC every now and then. So I came across Joico's K-Pak Reconstruct Split End Mender on sale at Ulta a few weeks ago and I thought it would be the perfect product to try out on my hair. I do get the occasional split end every now and then..I mean who doesn't right?! And I know that no product will ever fix split ends, once you have a split end you will need to get your hair trimmed. But there are products that can help keep the split ends to minimum and I was hoping this would be my answer. 

Keep reading to see if it is...  ;)



How Joico describes the Split End Mender:
Forget the homespun trick of trying to banish those niggling split ends with a pair of manicure scissors. Our solution makes far more sense… and requires neither a nail-related tool nor an upside-down hair maneuver: Simply try a dab of our brilliant, featherweight serum that actually seals, and protects hair from the splits.

Perfect choice for: Anyone who’s experiencing fraying ends, caused by overzealous brushing and combing, excessive styling, or HAD (“Haircut Avoidance Disorder”).
Here’s how: Apply to towel-dried hair, concentrating the product on tips and ends.
The inside secret: An ultra-durable bond actually seals the cuticle of the hair, delivering extraordinary shine as well as protection against future splits.
source: Joico





The Split End Mender comes in a 3.4 Fl oz/ 100ML plastic bottle that has a pump. The actual product is a cloudy, clear gel that smells so good. It isn't an overwhelming smell, but does kind of lightly linger in your hair all day. I didn't mind at all though because I really enjoy the smell. A little definitely goes a long way with this product. I have very long, fairly thick hair and I only need 2-3 pumps on my hair. If I applied too much of the product my hair became crunchy. I noticed that when I was applying the gel every day on towel-dried hair I didn't really notice a difference in my hair. So I cut back to only using the product two times per week and I have noticed a big difference in my hair since doing that. My hair seems less frizzy and my ends look a lot healthier. They don't seem as dry as they were before. I will still get my hair trimmed, but I believe this product will help me go a little bit longer between hair cuts. I recommend this product to anyone that wants to help their ends look and feel healthier and to only use this product once or twice a week for best results. 


Have you ever tried any Split-End Mender Products?



Have you entered my Giveaway yet?
You Should!!
Go HERE to enter NOW! :)





Other ways to follow Southern Glamourista: //Twitter//Blog Lovin'//Instagram//
  post signature

No comments

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to email me at southernglamourista@gmail.com

Make sure to leave a link to your blog, I would love to come visit!! :)