"What's In My Pool Bag"

Hey there lovebugs!
 I hope wherever you are that you are able to enjoy the beautiful, warm sunshine. 
My husband and I are traveling again and we are in Kansas this week. It has been extremely hot the past couple of days..I think it reached over 100 degrees yesterday. WOW! Big difference from where we were a few weeks ago when we were in Wyoming and it was snowing. Well, with all of this heat the only thing I want to do is to stay cool in the pool. I love watching videos or reading posts about "what's in my purse", so I figured I would do the Summer version  and show you guys what all I take to the pool with me. I really don't like to bring a lot with me to the pool. After being in the sun all day, you get pretty wore out and the last thing you want to do when you are leaving is carry a super heavy bag. So I try to keep it to all of my "must-have" items. 

My Pool/Beach Bag
Well this obviously is a must! You have to be able to put your stuff somewhere. haha ;)
My sister bought me this tote bag for Christmas a few years ago. It is from Ballard Designs. It has been everywhere...the lake, the beach, the pool, weekend getaways to the Mountains. It is very sturdy and so cute. The totes are very affordable..Check them out if you are looking for a new tote bag. 

Drinks
I always carry a drink with me. You want to stay hydrated when you are outside in that heat. I will usually bring a bottle with a drink inside of it and a bottle of water. I love my Blender Bottle and usually have it with me 99% of the time. 

Sunblock
This is another must! I don't want skin cancer at all, so I always put sunblock on. I have a very sensitive face, so I usually wear a different sunblock for my face than my body. If you are like me and have sensitive skin on your face..look for a sunblock that is hypoallergenic and doesn't clog your pores. Neutrogena and Coppertone are good brands that I usually go for on my face. 

Sunglasses
Okay, this is another item you can't go to the pool without. My eyes kill me if I go out in the sun without sunglasses on. I usually have a pair in my pool bag, my car, my purse, my dresser...I make sure I have a pair of sunglasses no matter where I am. I do not want to be out without them! I usually bring a hat with me too, but I couldn't seem to find it today. 

Snacks
I don't know about you, but I start feeling a little weak if I am out in the sun too long without something to eat. I always bring something to snack on with me. Today I only brought a granola bar because I wasn't going to be at the pool for very long and I had just ate lunch. But usually if I am going to be at the pool for more than an hour I will bring some crackers, peanuts, and maybe some fruit. 

Something to read/do
I get bored sometimes if I am at the pool by myself, so I always bring myself something to do or read. Most of the time it is my Kindle, but sometimes I will bring a magazine or my journal to write in. It can be a bit hard to see the screen on your laptop or Ipad. If the pool I am at has some shade I will bring my laptop and work on my blog. 

My Phone
I can not go anywhere with listening to the radio, especially to the pool. I always have Pandora blasting whether it's at the pool or the gym. Thank goodness those places have wifi or else my data usage would be out the roof! 

Towel
I didn't take a picture of my towel, but this is definitely something I always bring with me. I don't have a certain one I always bring with me. You don't want to be at the pool without one. 



What is in your Pool Bag?


Other ways to follow Southern Glamourista: //Twitter//Blog Lovin'//Instagram// post signature

No comments

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to email me at southernglamourista@gmail.com

Make sure to leave a link to your blog, I would love to come visit!! :)