Review: Maybelline Color Blur | "I'm Blushing" and " I Like to Mauve It"

Hello Gorgeous! Happy Wednesday! 
Maybelline recently released the Color Blur Cream Matte Pencil & Smudger which is their version of the Korean Lip Trend aka The Gradient Lip. The idea behind this look is to put the lip cream in the center of your lips and then smudge it gently so the color bleeds a tiny bit into the outer part of the lip. There are 10 vivid matte shades in this collection. I only picked up two shades ("I'm Blushing" and "I Like to Mauve It") to try it out, but will definitely be going to pick up more.


Here's how Maybelline describes the lip pencils 
from their website:
Our unique cream matte pencil with vivid color and blurring smudger
Create your look from full on bold to softly blurred

Why You'll Love It

Undefine the rules of color with Color Blur cream matte pencil and blurring smudger. The cream matte pencil feels extremely smooth and comfortable on lips while the blurring smudger means you can create your own looks from full-on bold to softly blurred. Color Blur comes in 10 shades ranging from vivids to neutrals.

For Best Results

To achieve the softly blurred look, apply color in the center of your top and bottom lips. Using the smudger, gently blur the color out towards the edges of your top lip and then bottom lip.


Top: I'm Blushing
Bottom: I Like to Mauve It


Smudger


Another look at the smudger

I Like to Mauve It #50




#45 I'm Blushing





Both colors are very similar to one another. I'm Blushing is more of a berry pink while I Like to Mauve It is very true to it's name...mauve. I Like to Mauve It is a "my lips but better" color. 

Swatches


Top Swatch: I Like to Mauve It
Bottom Swatch: I'm Blushing



I absolutely love the packaging of the Color Blurs. They definitely got my attention when I was browsing through the makeup aisle. I feel like they have a very modern, clean look. It is a retractable lip pencil, so you don't have to worry about using a pencil sharpener. You just twist at the bottom of the tube to get more or less product. The actual stick is fairly narrow and slender which definitely makes it very easy to work with. The Color Blurs have incredible pigmentation. I am so impressed with how vivid and bright they are. The formula is so soft, creamy, and velvety. It dries to a beautiful matte color. It does not feel extremely dry on your lips or uncomfortable. The color lasted about 4 - 5 hours on me. As it was fading it left a beautiful stain effect on my lips. I did not have any problems with it fading splotchy or bleeding in certain areas. The smudger is very durable and does not feel flimsy at all. You can use it to do the gradient look by applying a little of the lip cream and then smudging it a little bit towards the outer part of the lips. You can also just wear the lip creams all over the lips for a beautiful, bold look. I personally am not a huge fan of the gradient look, so I like to wear them all over the lip.

I am very impressed with this lip product and will definitely get more colors from this collection.




What do you think about the Korean Lip Trend?
Is it something you see yourself doing?






Other ways to follow Southern Glamourista: //Twitter//Blog Lovin'//Instagram// post signature

1 comment

  1. Hello,
    would you like to test some of our cosmetic products for free and then write a product review about it in your blog? If you are interested please visit our site and contact us at: https://www.parfimo.bg/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to email me at southernglamourista@gmail.com

Make sure to leave a link to your blog, I would love to come visit!! :)