Review: Wet 'N Wild Fergie Velvet Matte Lip Color

Hello Gorgeous! 
Everyone has been so obsessed with matte lip creams lately, myself included. There is just something so lovely and classy about a beautiful matte color. Pretty much every makeup brand is noticing this fascination and started coming out with their own matte lip creams. So far my favorite is the NYX matte lip creams, but I still do love venturing out and trying out other brands. I recently tried Wet 'N Wild's Velvet Matte Lip Color in Fashion Darling and Pinky Candy. They look very promising and I couldn't wait to see if I found a new matte lip product to obsess over. 


 The velvet matte lip colors are part of the Fergie Collection. There are nine different color shades. I really like the look of the packaging. I think it looks very nice and it definitely caught my attention when browsing through the makeup section. The packaging feels very nice and actually does feel somewhat velvety. You do not have to sharpen them since they are a twist-up lip crayon. They are very easy to use. The very first problem I had with these lip crayons is that as soon as I opened up Fashion Darling the entire crayon fell out. I was able to push it back in the tube without damaging the crayon too much. They do feel very light when applied and I didn't get that dry feeling that you sometimes get with matte lipsticks.


Fashion Playground is a pinky/red. 



Pink Candy is a very light pink

Pink Candy is the one I was most excited for when I saw it in the store. I couldn't wait to get home to try it out. The color of the lip cream looks so pretty, but unfortunately doesn't transfer that same color to your lips. It was extremely light and I really had to work to get any color at all to show on my lips. Both Fashion Playground and Pink Candy dried a little patchy on my lips.


Top: Fashion Playground
Bottom: Pink Candy


I would describe these as more of a balm since they aren't very pigmented. If you are looking for something that will give you subtle color then these are definitely for you. But if you are someone like me that really likes a very pigmented, beautiful matte lipstick then I would pass on these. Sadly, these did not live up to the expectations I had for them. 


Do you love matte lipcreams?
What is your favorite?



Just a couple of days left in my GIVEAWAY!
Make sure you go enter :)



Other ways to follow Southern Glamourista: //Twitter//Blog Lovin'//Instagram// post signature

No comments

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to email me at southernglamourista@gmail.com

Make sure to leave a link to your blog, I would love to come visit!! :)